Friday, May 12, 2006

First Fruits


I haven't been so excited about something in the garden for a long time! I tried to grow strawberries last year and they failed miserably. I let out a little squeal of delight when I saw that this little guy and his friends were beginning to form. Fresh strawberries soon--yum-o!


The potato plants are also coming along really well, although I wish I had a taller container to plant them in. I read, and experienced potato growers confirm, that the secret to getting lots of potatoes is to keep adding dirt as the seedlings grow. The more of the plant you can get underground, the more room there is for potatoes to grow. The trouble is, the tallest container I had was only about three feet tall, and it's already full. But even if we only get a few it's still been fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home