Tuesday, April 25, 2006

(Hopefully Not) Jinxed

Normally, I love Gwyn Mellinger's columns, but if it frosts tonight I'll never forgive her. Last week she wrote this article--"Beware of late-April frosts when planting in Kansas". Can you guess what there is a danger of tonight?

She jinxed us! And she's so gosh-darned logical about it too.

"[H]ot-weather crops nearly always catch up with those planted a week or two earlier. In mid-June it will be impossible, all things being equal, to tell the difference between a tomato planted April 20 and one planted May 5."

It may be true, but that's far too sensible. How anyone can be so patient is beyond me.

In closing...

Please don't frost on my tomatoes.
Please don't frost on my tomatoes.
Please don't frost on my tomatoes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home