Saturday, February 19, 2005

Started Seeds Today

...and I found a wonderful thing in my attic to help me along! Someone who lived here before us left three flourescent light fixtures with grow-lights in them. (Maybe they were growing tomatoes *wink wink*) Sooo I went ahead a started a little bit of everything that I wanted to start. Eight weeks was the outer limit on a few things, but I really only wanted to make the mess once and hopefully with the grow lights I won't have too many problems. Here is what I planted.

Herbs
Bodegold Chamomile (Matricaria recutita)--Sunrise, Renee's Garden
Sweet Basil (Ocimum basilicum)Wal-Mart, Burpee
Genovese Basil (Ocimum basilicum)--Wal-Mart, Burpee
Lemon Basil (Ocimum basilicum)--Wal-Mart, Burpee
Purple Ruffles Basil (Ocimum basilicum)--Wal-Mart, Burpee
Lavender Lady (Lavandula angustifolia)--Wal-Mart, Burpee
Italian Gigante Parsley (Petroselinum crispum)--Sunrise, Renee's Garden
Fine Leaf Chives (Allium schoenoprasum)--Sunrise, Renee's Garden
Cilantro (Coriandrum sativum)--Sunrise, Livingston Seed Co.

Veggies
Arugula (Roquette)--Sunrise, Livingston Seed Co.
Grape Tomato (Sweet Olive Hybrid)--Earl May
Tomato (Ugly Ripe)--saved from a tomato from Dillions
Luffa Gourds--From Barbara Gallahan on ebay

Flowers
Larkspur (Imp. Mix)--Parks Seed Tape
Zinna (Persian Carpet)--Parks Seed Tape
Nigella (Ms. Jekyll)--Parks Seed Tape
Baby's Breath (Covenant Garden)--Parks Seed Tape

There are some other things I might start later once I get some space cleared out in my flats, but I may just sow everything else outside in April--guess it depends on how bored and stir crazy I get before then!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home