Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Bon Appetit Birdies

Couldn't wait to get home today and play with this. After all, what's school compared to playing with sticks in the snow? Mine isn't quite as cool as the one in the Great Gardens for Kids book, but I just used things I had on hand and that made it that much more fun.

Many thanks to my 1st grade teacher, Mrs. Marshall, for reading us the "Eddie" books in which Eddie and his friends make ornaments for a bird tree using orange rinds and peanut butter. For future reference, in addition to the orange rinds which I covered in peanut butter and dipped in bird seed (borrowed from my lovebirds Messirs Duck and Chick) I strung some cheerios and dipped some old (snow-flake shaped) crackers in the peanut butter and seed mixture as well.


Bird Feeder Tree

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home