Thursday, September 15, 2005

Pretty Purple Pepper Plant



Once I gave it some room, the purple pepper has taken off. The peppers have been very pretty, but they're a little difficult to use. They don't have as much flavor raw as a green pepper does, and if you cook them the tend to turn kind of grey instead of becoming a more intense purple. I think next year I would like to experiment with another variety of purple pepper to see if I can't find something a little more usable because they are so very nice to look at....


2 Comments:

At 9/12/2007 02:41:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cooked purple peppers I bought at Walthamstow Market, London, United Kingdom today - turned grey. Trying to figure out what was wrong, searched Google, and yours was the only site that came up explaining this is normal. Thanks!

 
At 9/12/2007 03:11:00 PM, Blogger Meryl said...

Glad I could help!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home