Friday, April 22, 2005

Tomatoes and Bulbs and Weeds, Oh My!

My very sweet grandparents-in-law gave us a wonderful little tomato growing box when we were home last weekend, so I went to Sunrise and got some grape tomatoes (my very favorite!) to plant in it. I bought three plants, but I only had room to plant two in the box, so one just got stuck in the yard. I planted ....

Juliet
Mexican Midget
Yellow Pear

The bulbs are looking very ragged these days. It's taking all of my will power to not just hack them all down. Next year I either need to move them or plant more so I don't have the scraggliness. Note to self, don't plant dandelions and tulips in the yard!

And the weeds! I've planted a little flower plot (poppies, black-eyed Susan's, Sunflowers, and others) so it's hard to tell what's a weed and what's a flower.

I thought I had a good plan so that things would stay neat, but it's not going so well right now. I need to get out and move some things and get rid of some things and just kind of clean house a little. Guess that's why this is my practice garden ....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home