Sunday, July 16, 2006

Today....















....I hacked away at the tomatoes; they're kind of taking over. I've never really thought of plants fighting for space before, but my sweet tomatoes are definitely doing some pushing and shoving.














....I noticed I have beans. The beans are almost as vigorous as the tomatoes. Next year I need much taller trellises.














....But I found a few beans that were all dried and ready for picking.















....All told I got five Hidatsa Shield Figure Beans. I'm on my way to a nice winter pot'o'soup.














....I picked the first "Aunt Ruby's German Green" Tomato.














....And we made a grilled pizza. We had red tomatoes (from the store) and yellow pear and German green tomatoes (from our garden). Combined with some lettuce, onions, garlic, and fresh mozzarella--mmmm!

1 Comments:

At 7/16/2006 07:40:00 PM, Blogger Lisa Johnson said...

I love your plants! What beautiful photos!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home