Monday, January 16, 2006

Geraniums That Pop


I potted up my little geranium cuttings this afternoon. (To see their complete story read here and here.) The roots of both were beginning to look quite cramped in their respective water vessels so I decided it was time to move them onward.

I found the idea for these nifty pop bottle planters--that's soda to the non-Midwesterners--here. This site gives great instructions for making them and includes pictures--always good for the slightly construction-challenged. They're completely recycled and make the plants self-watering. And they were free!

And as for this last picture--we got a tripod last weekend so I've been playing with all kinds of lengthy exposures and other fun things. I love the detail that shows up on this leaf. I could almost start a little catalog for myself if I didn't have anything else to do!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home