Friday, July 22, 2005

Picking a purple pepper

I was out picking tomatoes yesterday and I found a fully grown purple pepper! I put the two pepper plants in next to the Mexican Midget tomato plant and I thought the tomato plant had kind of overtaken them. (It really is enourmous!) But yesterday evening I was out trying to rein the midget back into it's cage and there it was--a nice sized, royal purple pepper that I hadn't even realized was there.

I think it might have been a little past it's prime, but I brought it in to munch on anyway. The skin was tough and it had kind of a funny flavor--a little like a green pepper, but not quite as good. The flesh inside was kind of a creamy color. I think it would have been ok if I had put it into something, but it wasn't a straight off the bush kind of pepper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home